Friday, September 4, 2009

Nights like this make me dream of things yet to be

Mom and Dad are here visiting, so we went out for a night on the town. We started with dinner at the House of Thai in Ashland where we were second-hand seranaded by a quartet of obnoxious men. They were actually singing to the table next to us. I wish with all my heart that I could have enjoyed their boisterous crooning, but something about rambunctious, overly zealous, noisy men prancing around while I try to eat Pad Thai and Yellow Curry makes me a little nauseous. On the positive side: it was certainly a meal that neither I nor my family will forget.

Next we made our way to Paddington Station, just as they were about to close. I finally broke down and bought the decorative fall leaves to hang on the living room wall. I think they'll be a nice complement to the Autumn in Paris picture we currently have adornign the wall.

Finally, to top off an already lovely evening - we treated ourselves to Gelato. The nice girl serving us even gave us a brief history of gelato, which was nice for Mom and Dad since they're from "the country" as we affectionately call the small coastal town in which they reside.

When we got back to my house we sat out in the backyard, under the light of the silvery FULL moon. It was nice to catch up, even though we talk on the phone everyday. There's something comforting about speaking in person. The sky was beautiful. It reminded me of how much I love cloudy nights, the versatility of an unclear sky. It reminded me of all the things I want to do - night hiking, sleeping under the stars, staying up all night simply to watch the sunrise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than spending some time in Ashland. I LOVE Paddington Station ...
Sure miss SO - but I'll be there b4 I know it ... maybe - if the Lord wills!
Remember "the Best is yet to come" ... John Avery Whitaker - Adventures in Odyssey! I love that series!