Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Things that matter

Wise words from Bri: I wouldn't want to be somebody's 'type'. If I was their type, I wouldn't want to be with them.

This took me a few minutes to digest, but once I did, I understood and realized - I wouldn't want to be someone's 'type' either. For example, assuming I were blond and beautiful, I'd feel pretty lame dating a guy who "loves" beautiful blond perfect women. How would I ever exceed his expectations? I'd meet the standard, rather than set it. As luck would have it, I'm neither blond nor perfectly beautiful, so this is not something I have to worry about.

This got me to thinking and I've decided that I don't think I'm anyone's 'type' either. I feel like I have the ability to be multiple people (and no, I don't have schizophrenia). I'd just like to believe that I'm adaptable and that maybe, just maybe, someday I'll exceed someone's expectations. Sure I'm sarcastic, prideful, insecure and fearful at times, but when I love, I do it with all my heart. And I'd like to think that's what matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not perfectly beautiful - well come on now - your insides are! :)

Somebody's type - hummm - never thot of it that way ...

I like your analogy (had to look that word up) though!
God bless you!