Thursday, September 24, 2009

Done

I am extremely self absorbed. There's no way around it. It's who I am; it's who I fear I'll always be. Today pretty much sucked at work and I let it get to me to the point I was on the verge of tears. Instead of focusing on the positive and trying to change things, I got overwhelmed and started sulking. Why do I always do this? Why do I think the world revolves around me? Here I am throwing myself a pity party WHILE I'm checking in a patient who found out she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. If anyone should have been feeling crumby, it should have been her.

Why do I care so stinkin' much what people think of me? The world will not end if someone doesn't like me. Gosh, I wish I could just be normal and not always be awkward and annoying and emotional.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you didn't have a good day at work. I don't know - I think it's the human condition ... ya know - our FLESH - it's always rearing up and saying - "I'm the MOST important"

I'm 54 and I'm still shaken to my core IF someone doesn't like me ...
Remember the Lord said - "He came to BIND up the brokenhearted" ;)
Hang in there!