Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Squats and lunges and treadmills - oh my!

Bri and I went to the Women with Weights class at the Y tonight. Not sure why, but we were both thinking it would be a nice little easy class to take before Salsa Aerobics. We were right - it was nice. But we were also very wrong - it kicked our butts (and knees and calves and shoulders). I will definitely go back. I loved the challenge plus we got to use fit balls for part of the time. Talk about a killer ab work out. I should have abs of steel in no time. I also did 30 minutes on the treadmill last night and for 5 of those minutes, I jogged at a fairly decent pace. I realize this is no monumental feat, but for me, jogging for any amount of time is quite the achievement. At this rate, I'll be running a half marathon by the year 2012, if I'm lucky. :) Working out consistently is giving me so much more energy than I usually have. Surprisingly, giving up coffee isn't taking quite the toll I thought it would.

I might go to Eureka with Bri and Leah this weekend to support them as the run a half marathon. Eureka is my least favorite place that I've been to, but Bri and Leah are some of my most favorite friends so it should average out to a fun-filled weekend. Go team!

No comments: