Sunday, April 12, 2009

From the depths of my soul to the heights of heaven

I went hiking through the Redwoods with my dad yesterday. I sometimes forget how truly magnanimous and breath-taking the towering trees can be, but I was reminded as we meandered along the trail that wove through dense forest and past the gurgling stream. If I could simplify my life, sell all I own, and live amongst the rolling hills and brush-laden forests,if I could survive away from society's harsh existence - the reality that things are ever-changing and will never be the same, if I could wash my clothes in the river and warm myself by a campfire every night and sleep under the stars, I would drop this facade of happiness - the hustle of the 9 to 5 workweek - in a heartbeat. I would pursue passions and dreams I never thought possible.

What is holding me back? Why do I let fear rule and reign in my life? God is SO much bigger than EVERYTHING. He created the hills and the trees, the oceans and the prairies. He created ME. He designed my heart. He gave me dreams and desires, hope and ambitions. He WILL be faithful to complete the good work He started doing in my life. He knows what makes me joyful and giddy; he knows what puts a smile on my heart and causes laughter to erupt from the depths of my soul.

Has anyone else ever loved me so much? Is it possible that anyone ever could or will? Even if it is my lot in my life to be single - I will live a life of passion. The maker of the universe has breathed life into me. Nothing can hold me back. There's a reason I am where I am at. God put me here - I will accomplish His will.

No comments: