Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oh, what a night!

I'm deinitely enjoying this break in the weather. I'll take cloud-covered skies over thousand degree weather any day. A couple of nights ago, however, I sensed a storm was-a-brewin'. So I decided to light a candle, in case the power went out.

There I was, sitting, lighting a match, when - SNAP! The match broke, and conveniently fell on my bare leg. I freaked. I brushed the flames off my leg and onto the bathroom rug. Then, like the madwoman that I am, turned on the sink faucet, cupped my hands underneath, and dumped heaps of water on that little flame. Once the fire was out, I cried. Hard. For a ridiculously long time.

After I stopped crying, I tried to fall asleep, but was suddenly awoken with the urge to regurge... all the food I had ate before church. Suffice it to say, I may never eat salsa or string cheese again. Just the thought...

I spent the rest of the night curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor. I covered myself with bathroom towels since I was too crippled to get a blanket from my bed. Vomiting is not something I enjoy doing, but I seemed to be an all-star at the sport last night.

The next morning I woke up and went to the doctor. They did an abdominal x-ray and decided to refer to me to a Gastro doc (it may take weeks to get in). I'm trying to stay positive and think that everything will be okay, but part of me is a little worried because I have been having so many issues that don't seem to be resolving.

Lucky for me, Chelsey drove 3 hours to play nurse and take care of me. God sure blessed me with amazing friends. I spent most of the weekend lounging around watching movies which is really really out of the ordinary for me. I'm still not feeling too swell, but there's no need to throw a pity party, right?

And on a much more exciting note, our new roommate finally moved in after months of anticipation. So exciting. She is super cool - she plays the guitar and seems to have a great sense of humor - what else does a person need? :)

No comments: