Saturday, August 29, 2009

After a short haitus and a computer virus, it is time to return to the wonderful world of blogging. Here's an update on my life as of late.

Sarah, our new roommate, moved in a couple of weeks ago. She's awesome and so much fun!!! We've been decorating up a storm. The new photograph hanging on the wall is beckoning me to jump in, Mary Poppins' style, and explore Paris in the fall. Oh, how I would love to walk, hand-in-hand (if I had someone's hand to hold), down the tree-lined pathway covered in a quilt of fallen leaves. Autumn is most definitely my favorite of the 4 seasons. The colors, the crisp, sometimes biting air, sweaters, hot chocolate, conversations by the fireplace.

Work is work. I keep feeling that God has put me here on the earth to do more than work monday through friday, nine to five. At the same time, I don't want to discount the fact that He has me where I am right now for a reason. However, if it were up to me, I'd sell all I own, buy a VW van, pack my sleeping bag, guitar and camera, and travel across this great country. I'd stop to take pictures of God's amazing creation. I'd write poetry about the rustling leaves and purple mountains majesty. I'd play my guitar and sing at the top of my lungs as the sun set over distant hills.

Bri came to visit last week. It was SO GOOD to see her. While I'm excited to see where God is taking her, I feel like part of my heart is missing when she is away. I feel blessed beyond belief that the Lord has given me such amazing friends. If only they would stay put, so we could all hang out more than once every 3 months. :)

1 comment:

The Banks said...

Your all soooo beautiful!