Sunday, May 10, 2009

Oh, the sun!

My goal to become outdoorsy is working so well that I'm having a hard time being indoors for longer than 30 minute increments. It's not so bad right now, but as soon as I sit down in my cubicle tomorrow, I'll be antsy and itching to get back outside. Sun, wind, rain, hail, snow... I'll bare it all if it means breathing fresh air.

Speaking of fresh air, I got plenty of it the last two days. Went to my cousins wedding last evening in Grants Pass. It was beautiful and so awesome to see how faithful God is to bring people together. When I was younger, I didn't like weddings, but now I LOVE them. Granted, they do make me yearn for the day when I exchange vows with the man I will spend the rest of my life with. Until then, I will be faithful serving the Lord and getting to know Him more - and I will be having a blast being single and hanging out with all my single friends (since there are SO MANY of us).

On that note, when I got back from GP this afternoon (after a delicious brunch with my awesome fam), I played my guitar out in the backyard, and then decided to pull weeds in the front yard. It was quite the endeavor, as there were a lot of weeds. I find pulling weeds therapeutic. Brook soon joined me out front grading papers. Then we went to Mucho Gusto for dinner which was SO good! Then I helped her grade more papers and we listened to some old school Mariah Carey, sang at the top of our lungs and laughed until we almost cried.

All in all, it was a delightful sunday. Now on to other things like sleep.

No comments: