Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mission Accomplished

For those of you who were worried, worry no more because: Mat Kearney has been found. Well, at least his new CD was. I'd like to thank all of those who have been praying for me throughout the endeavor as I searched high and low all over this valley.

I played ULTIMATE FRISBEE for the first time in my life tonight. How could I have gone 25 years without experiencing the joy, the glory, the triumph of such a game? What a workout it was! Who needs a gym membership when you can run around Garfield Park with your friends? To top it off, Bri showed up with her youth group so I got to play some sand volleyball and sit in on some acoustic worship and a short message by the youth leader @ First B.

I'm getting pumped about the camping trip this weekend. Leah, Julie and I are headed to Silver Falls, Oregon to check out the many waterfalls adorning the park. This'll be my first big camping trip. I've been camping a couple of times before, but someone else has always planned everything. This time, I get to help plan the meals, set up the tent, start a fire (preferably not one that destroys an entire forest), pack the car, make sure we have all the utensils we need and so much more. I must say, I'm a planner. I love to plan - and I love making lists. Here's a list I'm making right now...
The Only Thing That Could Make This Camping Trip Better:
1. If Bri were coming with us

That's all the listing I have for tonight. Until we blog again...

1 comment:

Da Whalens said...

awww, shucks. I wish I was coming. Amo, thank you so much for the c.d and devotional book. And for all the notes you leave me before you leave for work. Oh how I will miss you, my dear friend. Love you so much.