Thursday, July 31, 2008

Goodbye Medical Records; hello Telephone Receptionista Extraordinaire!

Well MR, it was short-lived. Two weeks to be exact. Can't say that I'll miss you or your charts that never seem to be where they belong or standing for 8 hours. So this is it. Our parting of ways. Until we meet again.

***

I got offered a new position at work. Praise the Lord. I'm going to be training on the front lines (aka answering phones). Normally, I'm not a phone person. But in a professional sense, I thoroughly enjoy answering phones and helping customers. This is a little humorous because a few months ago I interviewed at a staffing agency and the lady told me that since I didn't like to talk on the phone, socially, that she probably wouldn't be able to find me a job that I would enjoy or be good at. Hey Crazy Lady, look at me now!

I'm pretty excited - partially because now I'll be able to sit down and also because I'm going to get to learn and use my brain. I asked S (the administrator) if there are any books or pamphlets I could read to start familiarizing myself with the position, the company as a whole, and the body (in relation to our practice) since I know almost nothing about all of the above. She was rather impressed and even said, "If more people were like you and wanted to read outside of work, this office would run a lot smoother."

On another note, tomorrow I'm driving to Coos Bay to visit my Chelsey and her new apartment. She's only been gone a week, but it's already a little strange without her here. Chelsey, come back! [Chels, if you're reading this, don't actually come back. You need to stay put and allow the Lord to use you to bless your students, coworkers, neighbors, friends, baristas, landlords, etc. As much as Brook and I miss you, I believe the Lord is going to do some pretty rockin' things through you this year.]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Amy,

I need to know more about this topic, where can I find some more information about this?

MyMedicalRecords.com

Anonymous said...

This article is very interesting.Can i know some more details about this?