Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Maybe there's more to it than I realized

Minesweeper might quite possibly be the new of love of my life. I just learned how to play. How, you're asking, did I just learn to play Minesweeper when it's been around since Dinosaurs roamed the earth?

Around this time last week, I was sitting in my living room when I got the notion to play Minesweeper, just for kicks. All of a sudden, I had an epiphany - and the purpose of the game became more clear than a lot of things in life. Less than 24 hours ago, I had no clue as to what the numbers in the little squares meant, yet suddenly I was transformed into a Minesweeper-playing machine. And I was good. Really good. Good enough to win a few times in a row.

This has been happening a lot lately - these revelations of sorts. Today I was at our morning meeting at work, when I finally realized that PCP stands for Primary Care Physician.

I think God doesn't want us to be overwhelmed with information, so He only gives us what we can handle. And He occasionally surprises us with new information. That or I'm just really naive and it takes me a lot longer to learn things than everyone else. But I'll stick with the former and take these blessings as they come my way.

No comments: