Friday, June 26, 2009

Time for a Change

"Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one." ~Colossians 4:6

"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." ~Ephesians 4:29

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world." ~Philippians 2:14-15

"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us." ~2 Corinthians 4:7

I'm starting to feel that God is calling me to lay aside my sarcasm. I tend to use it to: a)keep people at a distance -or- b)make people laugh at any expense. When I distance myself from other people I am not allowing myself to be open to great things, amazing people God has for me. When I make people laugh, I am ultimately glorifying myself.

I want to have sarcasm-free, God-glorifying, edifying, uplifting, conversations with everyone I meet. I want to talk to you, coffee in hand, about things that matter, things that will last. Friendship, eternal life, the salvation of souls.

Lord, I pray that you would use my life. Change me. Take away the sarcastic humor that I have so long prided myself in. Empty me. Be the words I speak.

No comments: