Thursday, April 24, 2008

Out here

I feel closer to you out here. Among the gentle breeze, the crisp springtime air, the view of the snow-covered hills. Winter’s putting up a fight this year. And so am I. I’m not ready to give into the truth that summer brings. With the melting of the snow and the blossoming of the trees, we said our goodbyes, both of us fighting back tears. You pulled out of my driveway and drove off into the vastness of the world outside of the one we used to know. Adventure awaits you, new life awaits you. But I’m still here.

From this hill I can see the entire valley. The people go about their day as if this is all there is. But I know better. My heart tells me there is more than the tedious hustle and bustle of the 9-5 workweek. My soul craves for something more than this monotonous excuse for life.

I want to live, really live. I want to bask in the warmth and beauty of the sun. I want to go horseback riding, canoeing, rock climbing, hiking. I want to fall asleep under the star-studded sky and dream about the adventures the next day will bring.

No comments: