Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm tired of sitting back and waiting for good things to come my way. I'm tired of lacking the confidence to pursue my dreams. I'm tired of watching everyone else get what I want and deserve.

It's not wrong to have ambition. It's not wrong to have goals. It's not wrong to strive for something better, something more enjoyable, something I've wanted for a long time, but been too afraid to pursue.

God gave me hopes and dreams and desires. He perfectly designed my heart, body and soul. He instilled in me unique hobbies and interests. He doesn't want me to settle for second best. He wants me to be happy, ecstatic and full of joy. He doesn't want my life to be a rut. He wants to be my life. He wants to be all that I long and desire for. He wants to be on the forefront of my mind from the moment I awake to the minute my eyes close as I drift off to a peaceful sleep. He wants to be my everything. He is everything.

I can't do God justice by just barely getting by. I can't just slide through life, hoping for the best. I need to be all that I can be in Christ. He is so much greater than anything this world has to offer.

No comments: