Thursday, April 24, 2008

For Brianna

I don't know if I've ever missed anyone the way I'm already missing you. The lump in my throat is a sad complement to the tears streaming down my freckled face and the seemingly gigantic hole in my heart. You friendship is one that can not be matched by others.

I'll sit here, conjuring up memories we've made, if it takes all afternoon. Iced non-fat lattes remind me of you. Walking through the park reminds me of you. Old Navy puffy vests remind me of you.

Promise me that after you've driven halfway across the country, after the endless stretch of miles, after the rest stops and roadside hotels, after the Rocky Mountains are merely an insignificant speck in the rearview mirror of your silver Subaru and all that lies ahead of you are fields of wheat and corn - promise me you'll remember me.

No comments: