Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Waiting...

The hills are littered with snow; my heart, littered with anticipation. You say to be still, to hold steadfast to the truth that I know. The truth is what breaks me.

I feel like my entire life has been a series of cycles and ruts. Summer is no closer now than it was a year ago at this time. I know I'm moving forward, but for what purpose? Yours or mine? When I say, "I want to live for You. Your will be done," I want to mean it with all of my heart. I'm tired of meaningless words and cliche phrases.

Be real in my life. Convict me. Pour out Your Holy Spirit. Let everything I do be a reflection of Your character. Rid me of myself.

What's the point of living if I'm not living for Christ?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Anonymous said...

Ah you must be living for Him if you are feeling pain ... keep following Him. :) God bless you.