Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Changing Perspective

We are not invincible, nor have we ever been. Yet we've played the role so well. We've blinded our eyes, covered our ears, opened our mouths. Until now.

There is so much more to see than we've allowed ourselves to take in. There are people hurting, crying, starving, dying. All of this is going on while I sit here trying to come up with a witty Facebook status update.

This is breaking my heart. This is shattering everything I know.

I want to be weak. I want to be vulnerable. I want to feel a burden for the lost. I want to wear the weight of their world on my shoulders.

This leads me to believe there are things I need to cut out of my life. Anything that's in the way of serving and living wholeheartedly, anything that's blinding my eyes to the needs around me, anything that's a waste of time, needs to be removed. I want to be a prayer warrior. I want to have the faith that my prayers will be answered. God will provide!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN
Blessings, andrea

Anonymous said...

HE carried all the weight of the world on His shoulders - I'm not sure that there's ANYTHING we can DO to bring others to Christ BUT to be faithful to open our mouths - whether it is convenient or inconvenient. That's what I've used my FB status for - the spreading of the word.
So take ONE thing in your list and ask the Lord WHAT He wants you to do ... you can't carry the weight of the world - BUT you can help that one you come across today or this week who NEEDS to see your smile and your encouragement.
God bless you in your walk with Him Who is MORE than we ever expected Him to be.

Da Whalens said...

That's exactly what I've been thinking lately, Amo. Rather, exactly what God has been putting on my heart. Sigh. A change in perspective. Miss you friend. Hope we get to hang out a bit today. Love you. Let always be friends.