Monday, July 27, 2009

We're having a heat wave!

What's up with the incessant heat? It's gotta be nearing 200 degrees outside. It's days like this that make me yearn for the bitterly cold days of Winter. I can see it now - me, bundled up in a down comforter, sipping hot chocolate out of a large coffee mug, wearing flannel pajamas (because who doesn't love flannel at any time of the year?), longing to be warmed by a fireplace, shivering in the cold because I can't afford heat since I used all my money paying for the A/C in the summer.

You'd think I'd be eating ice cream for dinner to cool myself down, but all day I've been craving tortellin's and keilbasa. So that's what I made for dinner. I really don't enjoy eating alone. Food is meant to be shared. It's too bad all my friends are sharing food with a significant other or eating in a different state.

Lately I've decided that I really like grocery shopping. It's so much more enjoyable when you actually use the food that you buy, as opposed to letting it sit in the fridge and mold.

2 comments:

Chelsey caldwell said...

Dear Darling..... If I could I would join you for sinner, sounds good for the belly right now ( impressive too) I'm hard to please after chemo because I become picky. LOL. Will you cook for me when I come up in 2 weeks?

Chelsey caldwell said...

Wow, I guess I need to preview my typing, sorry. ( sinner, dinner) pretty close right. ha ha ha