Friday, December 11, 2009

Broken

I said, break my heart if that's what You have to do. You listened, and that's what You're doing. So why do I keep stuffing these pebbles in my pockets, when You've promised that if I would only empty my hands and stretch out my arms, You would be there, ready to fill the void.

This is where I am.

Broken and broken-hearted. Trying to decipher a meaning for all of this, most importantly, YOUR meaning for this. My arms are open wide, longing for a comforting hug that can only from the Father.

Meet me here tonight, Lord. I desperately need You.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Anonymous said...

Psa 34:18 The LORD is near unto them that are of a broken heart; and saves such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Pro 15:13 A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the bones are broken.
My faves:
Comfort yea comfort my people says your God; Is. 40:1
Matt. 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.
And the one I think really may apply: Matt. 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled.
Lean into His Word and His comfort ... Jesus came not into the world to CONDEMN the world - but that it may be SAVED. Saved from ALL things - here and in the heavens -
Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I WILL give YOU REST. Matt. 11:28-30
God bless you!