Sunday, February 22, 2009

To everything there is a season

I seem to be entering into a season of change, so I thought, why not take inventory of all of the things I've always wanted to, but never have - I shall aptly call them: goals. Sound the trumpets!

1. Become outdoorsy: I want to do it all - go backpacking, pee in the woods, not shower for days, bathe in a lake, pitch a tent, cook food over a campfire, roast marshmallows, sleep under the stars

2. Not be afraid to meet new people/reconnect with acquaintences: My least favorite part of being human is establishing connections with complete strangers. I want to shed this fear, this insecurity. I want to love with all my heart and not be so introverted and awkward when talking to people I don't know very well.

3. Travel: Colorado, Montana, Canada, the Greek Isles, Switzerland. I want to go somewhere. I'm ready for an adventure outside the great state of Oregon. Don't get me wrong, I do love Oregon, but I am ready for a change of scenery. Along with travelling...

4. Establish a savings account that has funds in it for more than 2 months: Do I really need to say more?

5. I want to play my guitar and sing at an open mic. I want to write songs that don't rhyme. I want to not be nervous playing music in front of people other than my roommates. I want to expand my guitar-playing skills as well as my vocal abilities.

No comments: